After two consecutive losses to Washington and Minnesota, I was done giving the Giants the benefit of the doubt, and Sunday night’s loss to the Packers only reinforced that. We’re about to be in Week 6. Football Outsiders has weened off of the preseason rankings in their analysis, and wisely embraced the reality of the 2016 season. Clinging on to preseason hopes and grudges can put you in a tough position, especially when you’re defending your opinion that the Panthers are going to be fine or how you think this Vikings model isn’t sustainable. This is kinda where I’m at with Big Blue. The smoldering coals of optimism haven’t been completely snuffed out, but the Giants are very much the 2-3 last place team their record indicates – and that’s a tough pill to swallow. They aren’t who I thought they were.
- Eagles' Long announces retirement May 19, 2019
- Report: Jets could pursue Peyton Manning for front-office role May 18, 2019
- Ranking each team's chances of winning a Super Bowl in the next 3 years May 17, 2019
- Ted Ginn Jr. says he'll race anyone for $10K, HS track phenom responds May 18, 2019
- Witten says 2019 Cowboys are most talented team he's played for May 17, 2019
- Ravens sign former 1st-round pick Shane Ray May 17, 2019
- Redskins' Norman: Giants' Gettleman is 'winning for us' May 17, 2019