After two consecutive losses to Washington and Minnesota, I was done giving the Giants the benefit of the doubt, and Sunday night’s loss to the Packers only reinforced that. We’re about to be in Week 6. Football Outsiders has weened off of the preseason rankings in their analysis, and wisely embraced the reality of the 2016 season. Clinging on to preseason hopes and grudges can put you in a tough position, especially when you’re defending your opinion that the Panthers are going to be fine or how you think this Vikings model isn’t sustainable. This is kinda where I’m at with Big Blue. The smoldering coals of optimism haven’t been completely snuffed out, but the Giants are very much the 2-3 last place team their record indicates – and that’s a tough pill to swallow. They aren’t who I thought they were.
- James Conner: Doctor gave me 'a week' if cancer went untreated July 16, 2019
- Report: Broncos rookie Lock may hold out, Risner agrees to terms July 16, 2019
- Fantasy: 2019 Projections - Mayfield, Beckham a perfect pairing for Browns? July 16, 2019
- Tate says Stafford is 'best QB I've played with' July 16, 2019
- Peyton Manning tops poll of most favorable sports media personalities July 16, 2019
- NFL: Only active players are allowed in on-field celebrations July 16, 2019
- Fantasy: 2019 Projections - Will Moore and Samuel break out for Panthers? July 15, 2019